Explore natural landscapes and lose yourself in “old” Florida scenery. Zipline through the tree tops, glide across the headwaters of the Everglades or soar above it all on a hot air balloon ride.
Reasons Kissimmee should be on your Bucket List
1. Soar over alligators at Gatorland. Wave hello to the alligators and “jumping” crocodiles below as you zip across on the park’s “Screamin’ Gator” zipline attraction. But wait, there’s more! Dare to wrestle an alligator and, go ahead, sit on top of one.
2. Take the plunge at Fun Spot America – Kissimmee. You'll realize how brave you are when you link arms with a friend or two and watch the ground slip away from under you as you’re lifted 300 feet in the air, only to feel the rush of adrenaline as you plummet back down and find yourself swinging on the World's Tallest Sky Coaster.
3. Become a fighter pilot for a day. For a unique view of the area, fly in a legendary WWII P-51 Mustang at Stallion 51 or become a fighter pilot for an afternoon by taking the controls of a restored antique fighter plane at Warbird Adventures at Kissimmee Gateway Airport.
4. Soar in a hot air balloon. Getting up before dawn is well worth the effort for the experience of lifting into the sky aboard a hot air balloon. Don't forget your camera because the view of the sunrise, the theme parks and the landscape below is both exhilarating and breathtaking.
5. Glide the headwaters of the Florida Everglades on an Airboat Ride. Take in the sights as you glide through the waters of this unique wetland ecosystem on a thrilling airboat ride in search of alligators, birds and turtles. With speeds reaching up to 45 miles per hour, you are sure to feel the rush. Experience the natural beauty of Central Florida, just minutes from the famous theme parks.
6. Get a bird’s eye view of Central Florida from 400 feet on The Orlando Eye. Experience breathtaking 360-degree views of Central Florida, with sights of downtown Orlando’s skyline, theme parks, lakes and lush landscape, and on a clear day, views of Cape Canaveral.
7. Walk, or trot, in the footsteps of early explorers. Take to the trails either by foot or on horseback through scenic trails along acres of pristine Florida ranch lands and lakes. Experience old Florida and the unique history of the land and its settlers. Also great for spotting wildlife and beautiful lush vegetation.
8. Zip through the trees on the only zipline roller coaster in the U.S. Forever Florida Ziplines & Adventures in the Wild provides an adrenaline rush like no other. Swing, swoop, jump and zip through the treetops at speeds up to 20 mph along 1,000 feet of a thrilling zipline track. There’s also the Panther Pounce, a 68-foot tower jump, as well as the Peregrine Plunge, the fastest and longest single, straightaway zipline in Florida.
9. Climb the tree tops: Need more treetop fun? Orlando Tree Trek has you covered, with a variety of aerial obstacles such as moving platforms, Tarzan Swings, ziplines and more. Climb through the trees like never before while testing your endurance, balance, strength and nerves.
10. Paddling: Get close to Florida’s natural beauty by spending the day at The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek. This eco-attraction offers a variety of ways to enjoy natural Florida from tandem kayaks, single kayaks, aluminum canoes, large paddle boards and even an electric boat. Basic paddling instruction is provided prior to launching and no previous paddling experience is necessary.
11. Escape to an exotic island for the day at Discovery Cove: This one-of-a-kind experience is one to mark off your bucket list. Swim with dolphins, stingrays and tropical fish and then spend the afternoon relaxing in your own private cabana.
12. Fishing: The Kissimmee Chain of Lakes is comprised of approximately 80,000 acres of fishable waters, making it world renowned for its largemouth bass fishing. You are guaranteed to catch something along these waters as well as spot a variety of nesting birds and gators.
13. Take a #Slothie. Stroll through Wild Florida’s wildlife park for a glimpse of some of Florida’s native species as well as exotic animals like their sloth family; Guy, Ana and George. Interactive experiences are available and these sloths love to pose for pictures.
14. Travel back in time to the 11th century. Feast on a royal meal, in the company of the Royal family, as knights defend their honor through jousting tournaments, sword fighting and majestic horsemanship in the live arena of Medieval Times.
15. The Longest Ride. Pack those boots and cowboy hats and experience the Silver Spurs Rodeo, the largest rodeo east of the Mississippi. Annually ranked among the top 50 events sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA), this event, which originated in 1941, has come a long way from its humble beginnings.
16. Vacation like a celebrity in a luxury rental home - Pack your bags and head to Kissimmee, the vacation home capital of the world. With homes that range from two to fourteen bedrooms, you will have plenty of space to stretch out and relax or play a good game of hide-and-go-seek. Vacation home amenities include a private pool, in-home movie theater and an arcade to test your gaming abilities against your friends and family plus much more.