Kissimmee features adrenaline-pumping activities and awe-inspiring attractions surrounded by the beauty of natural Florida. From world-famous theme parks and exhilarating outdoor excursions to luxurious villas and dining delicacies, this Central Florida destination offers unique and memorable experiences exclusive to this one-of-a-kind destination.
Reasons Kissimmee should be on your Bucket List
1. If you can dream it, you can do it in Kissimmee, Florida. Shake hands with a mouse, fly through the air on a broomstick, swing high above the streets with superheroes and play it cool with some penguins. Kissimmee is located only 10 minutes away from Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks and 20 minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort™, putting you right in the middle of all the fun.
2. Holiday like a celebrity in a luxury rental home - Pack your bags and head to Kissimmee, the holiday home capital of the world. With homes that range from two to fourteen bedrooms, you will have plenty of space to stretch out and relax or play a good game of hide-and-go-seek. Holiday home amenities include a private pool, in-home movie theater and an arcade to test your gaming abilities against your friends and family plus much more.
3. Soar over alligators at Gatorland. Wave hello to the alligators and crocodiles below as you zip across on the park’s “Screamin’ Gator” zipline attraction. But wait, there’s more! Dare to wrestle an alligator and, go ahead, sit on top of one.
4. Glide the headwaters of the Florida Everglades on an Airboat Ride. Take in the sights as you glide through the waters of this unique wetland ecosystem on a thrilling airboat ride in search of alligators, birds and turtles. With speeds reaching up to 45 miles per hour, you are sure to feel the rush. Experience the natural beauty of Central Florida, just minutes from the famous theme parks.
5. Become a fighter pilot for a day. For a unique view of the area, fly in a legendary WWII P-51 Mustang at Stallion 51 or become a fighter pilot for an afternoon by taking the controls of a restored antique fighter plane at Warbird Adventures at Kissimmee Gateway Airport.
6. Soar in a hot air balloon. Getting up before dawn is well worth the effort for the experience of lifting into the sky aboard a hot air balloon. Don't forget your camera because the view of the sunrise, the theme parks and the landscape below is both exhilarating and breathtaking.
7. Take the plunge at Fun Spot America – Kissimmee. You'll realize how brave you are when you link arms with a friend or two and watch the ground slip away from under you as you’re lifted 300 feet in the air, only to feel the rush of adrenaline as you plummet back down and find yourself swinging on the World's Tallest Sky Coaster.
8. At Orlando Tree Trek Adventure, climb and soar with Tarzan swings, nets, ropes, trapeze and more. Test your limits on our challenging bridges, each one taking you higher into the forest canopy until you’re 50-feet atop our pine tree forest. Then fly to a breathtaking finish on a pair of 425-foot plunging zip lines. It’s heart pounding fun for everyone.
9. Paddling: Get close to Florida’s natural beauty by spending the day at The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek. This eco-attraction offers a variety of ways to enjoy natural Florida from tandem kayaks, single kayaks, aluminum canoes, large paddle boards and even an electric boat. Basic paddling instruction is provided prior to launching and no previous paddling experience is necessary.
10. Fishing: The Kissimmee Chain of Lakes is comprised of approximately 80,000 acres of fishable waters, making it world renowned for its largemouth bass fishing. You are guaranteed to catch something along these waters as well as spot a variety of nesting birds and gators.
11. Take a #Slothie. Stroll through Wild Florida’s Wildlife Park for a glimpse of some of Florida’s native species as well as exotic animals like their sloth family; Guy, Ana and George. Interactive experiences are available and these sloths love to pose for pictures.
12. Travel back in time to the 11th century. Feast on a royal meal, in the company of the Royal family, as knights defend their honor through jousting tournaments, sword fighting and majestic horsemanship in the live arena of Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament.
13. Relax as you stroll through 18-acres of beautiful, tree-lined brick streets and discover over 70 unique, affordable shops and restaurants. Every weekend, come and admire muscle and classic cars and trucks and at night, line up by the sidewalk to watch these beautiful cars drive down Old Town’s brick-layered Main Street for the Friday Nite Muscle Car Cruise and Saturday Nite Classic Car Cruise.
14. Spend a day strolling The Florida Mall or The Mall at Millenia, explore the charming boutiques of Celebration, and prepare for some power shopping at Disney Springs and Universal CityWalk. If you love world-class shopping, you’ll love Kissimmee.
15. Choose from an array of restaurants, bars, and venues, where fabulous food, refreshing beverages, and tasty treats are always on the menu. The Island Grove Wine Company at Formosa Gardens is a drinking, dining, gathering and learning destination delivering good memories through sustainable means.
16. Elevate your game to the next level at one of our renowned golf academies. And putt around on championship layouts architected by legendary golfers. With year-round Florida warmth and 365 days of play, this is a golf vacation you’ll book again and again.