St. Pete/Clearwater offers 35 miles of award-winning, spectacular white-sand beaches and breath-taking sunsets. With an abundance of arts and cultural must-dos, adrenalin-fuelled water sports and a fast-growing food and craft beer scene, this is the perfect holiday destination for families, couples and singles alike. A sun-drenched paradise where shorts and sundresses, flip-flops and sandals are the uniform of the day and the sounds of the Gulf provide an audio backdrop to a slower pace. The sun, the sand and the water await.
Start with digging your toes into the powdery sands of Clearwater Beach which was voted as America’s Best Beach on TripAdvisor’s annual list of the 25 Best Beaches for the last 2 years, and with St. Pete Beach ranked at Number 4 for 2019.
Beautiful Clearwater Beach not only has brilliant white sands but is also a hub of hubbub with a nightly celebration at Pier 60 filled with crafters, buskers and live music, a great place to watch the sunset. On laid-back St. Pete Beach, build the perfect sandcastle, fly over the water in a parasail or go stand-up paddleboarding on the brilliant Gulf of Mexico.
Find an Old Florida vibe in Treasure Island or Pass-A-Grille, or get active at family-friendly Fort De Soto. There’s no place quite like the pristine beaches of Honeymoon and Caladesi Islands – completely undeveloped barrier islands where you’re guaranteed a blissful break.
Some of the most breathtaking scenery and invigorating experiences are found on the crystal-clear waters of the Gulf. Rent a canoe or kayak to get closer to nature as you paddle through the peaceful mangrove trails. Or if you feel the need for speed, why not hire a jet ski from John’s Pass Village in Treasure Island or try your hand at a private two-man speedboat.
Dial up the heat at St. Pete/Clearwater’s waterfront restaurants, rooftop lounges, nightclubs and bars. Whether it be grabbing a fresh grouper sandwich from one of the local beach bars or enjoying a farm to table dining experience, the area is well known for its culinary options. Along the craft beer trail you’ll stumble upon an array of small independent breweries crafting fresh artisanal beers you can’t find anywhere else. Both beer geeks and newbies will find suds to suit their palate. Other people eat and drink, but there they savour and with the added bonus of gentle sea breezes and sparkling water views, who can deny that this isn’t a winning combination! Nightlife in the area is vibrant and varied. St. Pete/Clearwater has one of the best nightlife scenes in Florida.
St. Pete/Clearwater is home to 26 distinct community neighbourhoods, from the Greek sponge fishing enclave of Tarpon Springs and Celtic-tinged Dunedin in the north to small town Safety Harbour, Madeira Beach, Indian Rocks and a string of other Gulf front beach towns all the way down to artsy Gulfport.
Immerse yourself in some of the area’s awe-inspiring art and culture in downtown St. Petersburg. Here you will find the world-famous Dali Museum, featuring the largest collection of artist’s work outside of Spain, as well as more than 70 incredible street murals, which adorn the buildings around Central Avenue. Another fantastic stop is The Chihuly Collection at the Morean Arts Center. Get lost in a swirl of glass sculptures before heading to the Morean Glass Studio and Hotshop to see resident artists creating glass art right in front of your eyes.
Located just 90 minutes from Orlando and 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, St. Pete/Clearwater is your perfect beach destination and ultimate Florida holiday.
Top things to do in St. Pete/Clearwater:
- Spend the day on one of our beautiful ‘Award-Winning’ beaches with Clearwater Beach voted as America’s Best Beach on TripAdvisor’s annual list of the 25 Best Beaches for 2 years in a row and St. Pete Beach ranked as Number 4 for 2019.
- Celebrate the amazing sunsets at Pier 60 Festival, a nightly sunset celebration that takes place in Pier 60 Park on Clearwater Beach.
- Explore natural adventures within our pristine park system. Swim, fish and snorkel, or hire a Canoe or Kayak and meander through the many mangrove swamps and waterways.
- Observe astounding art at the Salvador Dali Museum in downtown St. Petersburg which houses the largest collection of the artists’ work outside of Spain.
- Discover our diverse heritage from Tarpon Springs, a historic riverfront town famous for sponge diving, to Dunedin with its Scottish Heritage and antique shops galore.
- Visit Winter the Dolphin, star of the ‘Dolphin Tale’ movies at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- Quench your thirst on our thriving Craft Beer Trail or tantalise those taste buds on one or more of the seven stops along the oh-so sweet Chocolate Trail.
- Bike, jog or rollerblade along the 38 plus mile Pinellas Trail.
- Play a round of golf at more than 50 challenging courses.
- Enjoy a day at one of the many state of the art spas.
- Shop amid fabulous boutiques both fine and eclectic.
- Why not attend one of our many festivals or events that take place throughout the year including the Clearwater Jazz Holiday or the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
- Sports fans can take in a game at one or more of the area’s professional teams including Tampa Bay Rays (Baseball), Tampa Bay Rowdies (Soccer) or Tampa Bay Buccaneers (American Football).